Monday, October 17, 2016

Childhood Memories

                 Ah the old childhood memories. Being a child was awesome; you had no responsibilities, no blame for anything you did, and getting any toy you asked for. Well, more like pleaded and cried for. One of the things that I remember was having a stuffed dog that sang. He was a sheep dog that wore a black top hat and a red bow tie. He would scoot around on the carpet and howl/sing the song "Only You". Honestly, I was afraid of him so it's weird why I liked him. I was specifically terrified to push the power button but whenever he sang I would dance around him and laugh. When he stopped singing I would rush over to my mom and ask her to push the power button again, and again, and again. Until my mom made me push the power button to have the dog sing to get over my fear. So this dog actually helped me get over my fear-of itself-and it was my first act of courage. I would be so proud that I didn't need my mom to power it on until it broke. I was four and also completely devastated until my mom bought my a stuffed bear. I was a kid so any toy could take over the job of entertaining a four year old. This dog taught me a lesson. (Well the dog and my mom.) That getting over your fears is much more satisfying than having someone else conquer them for you.


P.S. I will try to find a picture of this singing, stuffed, top hat bearing, bow tie wearing sheep dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment