Sunday, March 12, 2017

Field Trips Are More Than Time Away From School

As my title states, field trips are more than time away from school. They are an euphoria after spending time, so much time at school slaving away over work. Now don't get me wrong, sometimes school is fun and engaging but sometimes you'd rather shave a strange old man's dank leg than get out of bed and go to school. Field trips are a necessity, like water. Water is liquid for the human body (obviously), and field trips are... food for the brain. They give you hands on experience with topics you're learning, are though-provoking and help learning experience, and plain fun. 

Who doesn't want to go to a museum and touch electricity, or go to camp and hang out with your friends while doing various activities that don't include pencils and paper. If our school took away field trips I'd probably scream internally and then externally. I would become a mock bull. Steam coming out of my ears, my face will flush red, and I would kick things. I would then quite respectfully ask the people responsible to get a brain check, and then I would leave. (But, knowing me I would send a apology letter.) I quite honestly don't need that negativity in my life. I need people who care about students' well being enough to allow field trips.


Image result for meme about field trip

Credit: Google Images

School is great and I wouldn't trade anything for it. Maybe because my future depends on it but field trips are a necessity to a child's soul and sanity. 

2 comments:

  1. Mentally scarred by the "shaving a strange old man's dank leg" comparison...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for that visual... :)

    ReplyDelete