Sunday, November 20, 2016

4 days to Turkey Day

I'm currently sitting at my desk at home, hearing the TV buzz on upstairs, deciding on which music to use on my book commercial. I look around and smile internally. I realize how much I have to be thankful for.

Photo Credit: Google Images Idea Credit: http://goinswriter.com/thankful/

A lot of people don't understand gratitude. They don't see how great their life is. A life where they could eat 3 meals a day, a life where they have clothes and a bed to sleep in every night, and a life where they have parents that love them. Not everybody is this fortunate. I understand that now. So today, 4 days before Thanksgiving, I am making a list.

1. I am thankful for my teachers. For waking up early every (school) morning to get to school on time and staying up late to grade papers. They have not only made me a better student but overall a better person.

2. I am thankful for my family, who loves me even if I almost dropped their phone into a boiling pot of soup, or if I had eaten the piece of cake they were saving (and of course planning on eating).

3. I am thankful for my friends, who are there for me all the time and who make me laugh so hard that I collapse on the floor, 

4. I am thankful for the technology I have been provided with: making it easier to communicate with family on other continents or friends who have gone on a road trip to California. (and left me behind)

5. I am thankful for the jobs that my parents have. That their jobs provide income and a better life for my brother and I then my parents had. In addition to being able to provide us with the latest fad.

6. I am thankful for soccer, which provides me with a way to stop thinking about that important exam on the next day and a way to socialize with friends. 

7. I am thankful for my health, for being able to run the mile every Friday (even if I completely despise running the mile) and for being able to hang out with my friends.

8. I am thankful for books, which provide me with an entertainment that even the latest technology can provide. There is nothing comparable to snuggling up with a good book and a bowl of red seedless grapes.

9. I am thankful for music — bands like UB40 or Modern Talking who take me to the 80s (of course I wan't alive) and also keep me from chewing my fingernails during a stressful situation, They give me a way to let go of reality even if it is just for 3 minutes and 24 seconds.

10. Lastly, I am thankful for my opportunity at life. For being able to show what I can provide the world with and for being able to live to my full potential. I will make the most of it since I only get one shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment